The type of study you are currently engaged with on this module and in Task1 is called Active Learning.
Research shows that Active Learning is much better recalled, enjoyed and understood by students.
The Active methods used in this module and needed to complete the Assessment Tasks (including Task 1), require that you make your own meaning of what you are learning from your research.
During the process of engaging with Task 1...
e.g. researching your two job roles, interviewing industry practitioners and condensing and making sense of your findings into a 10 minute presentation.
...neural connections are physically made in the brain, the process we call learning. Passive Methods alone such as listening do not require us to make these neural connections or conceptualisations.
I hope this makes it clear why you are engaging in Independent Study for Task 1 and the importance of doing this work for yourselves (with support from your peers and tutor).
- Two alternative job roles in Animation or related creative industries.
- Questionnaire design.
- How to give a short(10 minute presentation).
- How to put one together?
- What form should the questions take e.g. if interviewing in person or email
- What do you really want to know?
- What can't you find out from your secondary research?
Three questions you may want to ask in your own words...
- If you could give just one piece of advice...
- What's the best/worst thing about your job...
- Is there something you think I should know but haven't asked...
Have fun and enjoy the process!!